Users shall take personal responsibility for their behavior while on-line. It is expected that PACE Career Academy users will conduct their Internet activities under the following guidelines:
- All use of school resources to access the Internet shall be in support of and consistent with the educational objectives of PACE Career Academy.
- Transmitting any material in violation of any U.S. or state regulation or school board policy is prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to, copyrighted material and threatening or obscene material.
- Hate mail, harassment, discriminatory remarks and other antisocial behaviors are unacceptable in Internet communication including, but not limited to, posting, downloading and printing.
- All information accessible via the Internet shall be assumed to be private property and subject to copyright laws.
- Users have a responsibility to respect the privacy and property of other users. Users shall not intentionally seek information about, obtain copies of, or modify files, data or PACE Career Academy’s passwords of other users.
- For their own safety, users shall not reveal any personal information regarding themselves or others, such as addresses or phone numbers on the Internet except when approved by a staff member of PACE.
- Employing the Internet for any commercial purposes not formally approved by the school is prohibited.
- Users shall not expect that files stored and/or messages processed (e-mail) on PACE servers will always be private. School and network administrators may review files and communications to maintain system integrity and to ensure that the network is being used responsibly.
- All downloaded files must be screened for viruses, following established procedures, before they can be executed on school computers and/or servers.